I am extremely fond of reading and I like nothing more than to curl up with a good book. Sadly I don’t get nearly enough time to read. And, because reading often takes time and concentration most of us don’t get the time we would like for reading.
Enter Audible, probably my favorite app. Audible allows customers the ability to hear a book read. A few years ago I received a 30-day trial of the app and I have never looked back. For a monthly fee, one gets a credit towards books to listen to in their leisure time. So how does this help me save time?
1. I can listen to or “read” a book while driving, mowing the lawn, grocery shopping, cleaning the house or any number of tasks that don’t require all my brain cells focused on one task.
2. Not only can I listen to entertaining books, I can listen to educational books that I either should or need to read anyway.
3. I can read a lot more information in a shorter amount of time because unlike my eyes. my ears rarely tire.
4. I can listen to a book for entertainment and actually relax my mind.
5. I can listen anywhere, and almost any time, thus making the most of the time that might be otherwise wasted.
I can honestly say that since I have started using this app I have consumed more educational material, studied more history, listened to more biographies of really interesting people, and read books that I may have felt I would never finish like the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings.
So what is the first book you would like to read?