Many people love the fun of planning their own vacations from beginning to end. I have to admit, I love that as well. Figuring out the best places to go, nice places to eat and new experiences to try, all get me excited. And after planning a few trips, it seems like there is no need to ask for help. However, when it comes to planning a Disney vacation, doing it all yourself and not choosing to book at a Walt Disney Resort can cost you time and more importantly money.
I did some research recently when I was getting a quote for one of my customers. When I work up a quote I utilize the Disney Agent’s portal that I use to check availability and cost of Walt Disney resorts, tickets, dining etc. I thought I would simultaneously plan this trip as if I were doing it on my own.
My client is looking for a time early in 2018 for Walt Disney World and I started by looking for something through Expedia. I found a few hotels in the Orlando area comparable in price to the value, median and luxury resorts available from Disney. I did this because many people believe that they can save money on a Disney vacation by staying on a non-Disney property. What they don’t realize is that Disney has a resort for every budget and I was easily able to match the prices from non-Disney resorts. Although there are many really nice resorts in the Orlando area if vacationers want to spend time in the Disney Parks, staying at a Disney Resort has other advantages. Guests of Disney Resorts enjoy:
- Complimentary transportation to and from Orlando airport via Magical Express.
- Free pickup and delivery of luggage at Orlando airport.
- Free parking
- Early access to Fast Passes and Dining reservations
- Complimentary transportation from parks to resorts
- Access to extra Magic hours at all the parking
- All Disney Resort offer interesting and fun themes that allow all the magic to stay with you when you leave the parks.
- If you utilize the services of a vacation planner for Disney Destinations if there are any new specials announced from Disney for the time you are booked, we ensure that our clients save that money too.
- A travel planner is able to put together a package through the Walt Disney resort being booked. We can literally build the vacation for a client, adding park tickets, meal plans and so on. Disney has the Vacation Your Way packages that can save money for our clients and they certainly save time.
- Clients can access their vacation through the My Disney Experience software and see all their plans laid out for them day-by-day.
Planning a vacation is a lot of fun, but it can also be very overwhelming. Asking for a little help can make your Disney experience all you hope it will be.