Over the years Walt Disney World has developed many ways of helping guests get the most of their time spent in the parks. The latest development is the advent of the Fast Pass. In the not-too-distant past, a Fast Pass was obtained by taking one’s entrance card to the nearest Fast Pass dispensing machine and selecting the rides for which a Fast Pass was desired. It always meant that when entering a Walt Disney World park, that one member of the party did a mad rush to a machine with the cards for the entire party in hand. Usually the most “fleet-of-foot” in the party was elected to the task.
Today, Walt Disney World has invented the Magic Band and My Disney Experience app, the process has been much simplified. One can actually make Fast Pass selections in advance of the trip, making the entrance into the parks much more leisurely.
There are some key things to think about when choosing your Fast Passes, even in advance. Here are a few tips for those of you who prefer to do your own planning.
- At 7:00 am 60 days prior to your arrival date at a Disney resort, your party can reserve up to 3 Fast Passes per day (equal to the number of days you have on the park tickets in your My Disney Experience account). You cannot choose to have more than one Fast Pass per attraction. Once you choose your Fast Passes they will automatically link to your Magic Band.
- Fast Pass selection for Epcot and Hollywood Studios are available in two tiers. The tiers are determined by the popularity of the attraction so you can only pick one attraction from tier one and your remaining 2 (of 3 per day) selections must be made from tier 2. Test Track, Frozen, and Soarin’ are in tier one in Epcot. Toy Story and Rockin’ Roller Coaster are in Tier one at Hollywood Studios.
- Once you have used all 3 of your initial FastPasses, you can select another fast pass for another attraction – one at a time and based on availability.
- Additional Fast Pass selections can be made within the app on your smartphone or you can visit a My Magic kiosk. Please note: before you can select additional Fast Passes, your 3 pre-selected FastPasses for the day must all be used or expired.
- Remember that if you get to the park at opening the lines for many rides will be much shorter. Choose to Fast Pass attractions later in the day or to maximize the number of attractions you can get to and still avoid lengthy wait times.
Although Disney has made it easier than ever to get your magical vacation in place, not everyone has the time for all the details. Your Mouse Expert can help you plan the perfect vacation. Services are free and can save you both time and money. Click here to get more information or request a quote.